How does it work ?
International partners apply seven rules when they hold the event in their area :
- They organise the event on the same date (generally the Saturday closest to the autumn equinox).
- All food and drink is locally produced.
- They raise funds whenever possible, a minimum 20% of the funds collected go to the global project presented each year by the association Un Repas Pour Notre Avenir.
and under the responsibility of the local organisation, a maximum 80% are devoted to local projects in keeping with THE MEAL’s message and sustainable development.
- They set up a video conference link with all the other partner organisations.
- They present their participants with a choice of generic themes for the following year.
- They inform the association Un Repas Pour Notre Avenir of their results at the end of the event, and share them on the page Local Organising Partners of this Website.
- They share their skills with other organising partners, with the same collaborative spirit that raises funds for projects.
On the day of the event, we encourage all local organising partners to set up areas for fun and relaxation, artistic expression, workshops and debates.